Skip to main content

just another skill i have....

my library has a great selection of magazines. my male students love to check them out and look at pictures of horses, pickups, motorcycles, and snow machines. unfortunately, some of these magazines have other pictures that are not so virtuous.

so when
one of these....

finds one of these...

they generally find some of these too....(Note, the example below is actually more modest than many adds I've seen lately in the magazines.)

so i take one of these...

and suddenly all the models in the magazines are modest, because they're wearing long black outfits. just saving one junior high male at a time. modest is hottest. yes, in several ways.

over and out,

a

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

it finally happened...

well folks, it finally happened. he picked up the ring, he popped the question, he talked to my dad, and i said yes.

the middle of somewhere

I was sitting here contemplating what fun/project cowboy will have scheduled for us this weekend. Sigh! The past two weekends, my muscles and patience were tested with digging post holes and building fence. I didn't get to do one thing that I wanted! So, not wanting to think about this weekend's hard work, my mind remembered my blog. I haven't thought of it or looked at it for a good bit. So, here I am! I glanced at my last blog post, which was written almost two years ago. It's crazy to look back and remember where I was and where I ended up today. I called my mom at the beginning of the week, and she was telling me about when she and my dad started dating. They were chuckling while remembering, but that is a moment that needed to happen to get from that point to this point. So, here's to progress - good, bad, ugly, fun, and sad! 1. We bought a house, and it wasn't a moment too soon. The home we purchased was an old home that had...

Cowboy Take Me Away

My friend Rebecca gave me the charge to post pictures of someone important in my life. I am not good at blogging, but because I like Rebecca and because she lives all the way in Texas, I will oblige. It all started back when I was born. I was born into a family with many interesting and wonderful dynamics. One aspect of my life that many don't recognize is that I love riding horses. I am not an expert equestrian, but those amazing animals were part of my childhood. My mom's dad is a horseman, and my mom is a cowgirl. I grew up riding and I think I have some of my grandpa and mom's horse blood in me. High school came along and with it so did the Dixie Chicks' song, "Cowboy take me away." I loved the song so much I even learned the words to it, which doesn't occur very often for me. That's another story though. Its words portray a picture of what seemed like a nice future at the time - a cowboy, boots, hard work, kissing and howling into the moonlight, a...