Skip to main content

he thought i needed to know...

It was good for me to open up my own blog today and read the previous post. I seemed to be incandescently in love. Then reality hit like a firework - bang! This summer turned out to be a challenge for cowboy and me. He broke his foot and couldn't do the things he loved (yep, no horses or rodeo for cowboy) or even go to work, and I didn't handle his frustration with being incapacitated as well as I should have. bang! Needless to say there were moments when I wanted to throw my boot at him, and I guarantee there were moments when he wanted to chuck his tennis shoe at me. (He couldn't wear a boot at all this summer.)

So, what is a girl do? Pretend like I'm not hurting inside? Run away? Zip my mouth? Practice patience? Throw my boot at him? Cry and let it all spill out? What?

Well, needless to say, there's been a lot of thinking to be done on my part about my happiness and future. Cowboy and I have learned a lot about each other through this process. We're two distinct individuals trying to work towards a similar goal. My Grandpa O. would say that we're 'pieces of work' which means we're 'works in progress'. There are bound to be bumps along the way, but there are also going to be smooth sections which make all the difference. Right? I had to change my perspective and my heart to realize this. We're okay and we're normal, and this is how I know.

Cowboy bought a new horse trailer this past week. He's put a lot of work into researching and looking for his dream trailer. Exciting right? You betcha. He went to South Dakota to pick up the beaut, and the morning he left I received a great surprise via text. (Note: Cowboy rarely texts. It's almost painful for him when he does, and boy do I know about it.)

Cowboy: We left at 6:30. You know I already miss ya. You're the most important thing in my life.

Me: That might be the best thing you've ever told me.

Cowboy: I just don't want you to think that the trailer is more important than you.

I'm loved.

Sincerely,

A


P.S. I feel like since cowboy got a new horse trailer I deserve a new pair of boots (yes, it's starting to be a problem). I have a couple pair picked out just in case an offer to get some comes around. The leather is as soft as butter and my heart beats a little faster when I get around them.


or my personal favorite...



Comments

  1. This post makes me happy. That texting conversation might be the cutest thing ever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should have gone with him to get the trailer and then you could have come to see me! Hope things work out the way you'd like them to. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love when I randomly check your blog and there IS a new post! You're such an example to me....I'm glad you always go first ;)

    much love!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

it finally happened...

well folks, it finally happened. he picked up the ring, he popped the question, he talked to my dad, and i said yes.

Cowboy Take Me Away

My friend Rebecca gave me the charge to post pictures of someone important in my life. I am not good at blogging, but because I like Rebecca and because she lives all the way in Texas, I will oblige. It all started back when I was born. I was born into a family with many interesting and wonderful dynamics. One aspect of my life that many don't recognize is that I love riding horses. I am not an expert equestrian, but those amazing animals were part of my childhood. My mom's dad is a horseman, and my mom is a cowgirl. I grew up riding and I think I have some of my grandpa and mom's horse blood in me. High school came along and with it so did the Dixie Chicks' song, "Cowboy take me away." I loved the song so much I even learned the words to it, which doesn't occur very often for me. That's another story though. Its words portray a picture of what seemed like a nice future at the time - a cowboy, boots, hard work, kissing and howling into the moonlight, a

It's been awhile....

I think there are three of you who read my blog. You're all a big deal though, so I decided to write again for you three people. I am hoping this post may be slightly therapeutic too, because I sure need some of that. We are on week five of our school year, and it seems like every time I get slightly comfortable something occurs that makes me very uncomfortable. I won't divulge too many details, but needless to say I came away feeling violated, disgusting, and not very trusting. Luckily for me, the scriptures had just the right answers when I needed them most. I am reading about Mormon in the actual book of Mormon. He is dealing with the Nephites who are described as being so disobedient that Mormon doesn't give a full account "that ye might not have too much sorrow because of the wickedness of this people." (Mormon 5: 9) Sound like a world we live in? Mormon previously states a perfect description of my feelings of this "wicked" state when he shares his