Skip to main content

i'm feeling 31


Dear A,

It's your birthday. I thought I would jot down some notes on what it feels like to live, breathe, and be at this stage in your life.

1. Last night your husband realized that a cake could be nice for your birthday. He panicked, because there is no place to purchase one in the middle of no where. You got nominated to make your own cake. It's going to be delicious.
2. You teach 7th and 8th graders. You've been working on diagramming simple subjects, simple predicates, prepositional phrases, and articles. It is always delightful. 
3. You have been great at exercising at least 30 minutes each day.
4. You are attempting to teach piano to three students. It's not your favorite thing, but you're learning to enjoy it.
5. You love your green smoothie each morning.
6. The minimum you drive each day is 120 miles.
7. Cowboy and you are in a good scripture reading/praying groove. You even have FHE each Monday.
8. There is no snow to been had or seen in your neck of the woods. All you wanted to do this winter was ski, and that has not happened because of the lack of snow.
9. You got to pass on the rowdy Sunbeams from last year and received the dramatic new bunch. You have  a nose picker, a set of triplets, a lover of the Dallas Cowboys, a hugger, and Jasper. He's practically perfect in every way.
10. You think your husband is buying you spurs for your birthday. At least you saw them on a receipt around Christmas time.
11. You have made it through the Old Testament, Book of Mormon, and are working on listening to the Doctrine and Covenants as you drive.
12. You survived Cowboy having six hernias repaired, a cancer scare, female 'issues', baby heartache, and attempts to figure out your body.
13. Your hair is long enough to braid. It goes past your shoulders.
14. You're content wearing your glasses everyday and not wearing makeup to boot.
15. You're trying out some all natural/vegan/organic products on your skin and hair. So far, it's going well. I just figured out how to include a link. Smart! Click Here - Lush products are divine.
16. Your red polka dotted Vans are your favorite shoes.
17. Your friend at church is 92 and asked you for your phone number. It was a big deal.
18. You worry about finances, sometimes. Tithing is a huge blessing though; it calms your fears.
19. You don't mind eating prime rib, but you don't like the fat or gristle that usually comes with it. You like your homemade fettuccine alfredo best, with grilled chicken.
20. You wished you lived closer to a friend. You do live close to Nick's family, which is quite fun.
21. Ice fishing is actually pretty exciting.
22. You like having a clean bathroom, but are working on always putting your clothes away as you take them off.
23. You love your husband and he loves you.
24. You know that God exists, and that he loves you so perfectly. You feel his love daily, and are working on showing your love for him in sincere, thoughtful ways. Today you decided not to look at a website that really doesn't serve a purpose. You read about Lehi's dream instead.
25. You love it when people remember you.
26. You have made dinner and done the dishes every night for months. Amazing!
27. You worry about your parents, grandparents, and their health.
28. You have a strong sense of who you are.
29. You are being taught about the value of simplicity.
30. You are grateful for the atonement and Jesus Christ, because of all the mistakes you make. You get to clean up the the messes in your life and try again.
31. You're doing it with faith, love, and a smile. 

May this upcoming year bring all that you could hope for.

-A

Comments

  1. 31 was a good year for me. I hope it's just as good and better for you. It sounds like you've got a full life going on. Here's to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post from a beautiful soul. You are so inspiring and I feel blessed to call you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amiga saludos desde Chile espero nos veamos pronto te quiero mucho besos y abrazos :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cowboy Take Me Away

My friend Rebecca gave me the charge to post pictures of someone important in my life. I am not good at blogging, but because I like Rebecca and because she lives all the way in Texas, I will oblige. It all started back when I was born. I was born into a family with many interesting and wonderful dynamics. One aspect of my life that many don't recognize is that I love riding horses. I am not an expert equestrian, but those amazing animals were part of my childhood. My mom's dad is a horseman, and my mom is a cowgirl. I grew up riding and I think I have some of my grandpa and mom's horse blood in me. High school came along and with it so did the Dixie Chicks' song, "Cowboy take me away." I loved the song so much I even learned the words to it, which doesn't occur very often for me. That's another story though. Its words portray a picture of what seemed like a nice future at the time - a cowboy, boots, hard work, kissing and howling into the moonlight, a

it finally happened...

well folks, it finally happened. he picked up the ring, he popped the question, he talked to my dad, and i said yes.

It's been awhile....

I think there are three of you who read my blog. You're all a big deal though, so I decided to write again for you three people. I am hoping this post may be slightly therapeutic too, because I sure need some of that. We are on week five of our school year, and it seems like every time I get slightly comfortable something occurs that makes me very uncomfortable. I won't divulge too many details, but needless to say I came away feeling violated, disgusting, and not very trusting. Luckily for me, the scriptures had just the right answers when I needed them most. I am reading about Mormon in the actual book of Mormon. He is dealing with the Nephites who are described as being so disobedient that Mormon doesn't give a full account "that ye might not have too much sorrow because of the wickedness of this people." (Mormon 5: 9) Sound like a world we live in? Mormon previously states a perfect description of my feelings of this "wicked" state when he shares his