Skip to main content

and suddenly I'm 32




Dear Me,

Suddenly you're one year older and hopefully wiser too. So, Happy Birthday to you! I haven't written anything on this blog in one year, and it's amazing to think of all that has made up my year of 31.


I have taught another year of junior high. I have avoided doing my hair the majority of those days. I've wondered about going back to school and thought about a future family. I've been to more rodeos this past year than most people will ever attend in a life time. I am grateful for each day, and the opportunities I have as a wife, daughter, sister, teacher, friend, neighbor, aunt, and work-in-progress.

32 Details about Me

1. I currently live in Arco, Idaho
2. I enjoy and require at least an hour all to myself each day - it's me being an introvert
3. I designed and made a queen size denim quilt out of Cowboy's worn out britches, except some help tying it and reminding me how to bind it



4. I still get bothered the most at school by 8th grade boys who like to whine
5. I am teaching seven piano students
6. I drive a Subaru Outback
7. I can load a couple ton of hay with my husband, and yes, I can actually pick up the bales of hay and hoist them on and off a trailer
8. I successfully completed hunters safety in the state of Idaho, and went hunting this past fall
9. I own camouflage
10. I am reading Unbroken with my 8th grade students and we all can't wait to see what happens each day in class
11. I serve as a counselor in the Relief Society Presidency
12. I love reading about Abraham Lincoln and his courage and confidence in God
12. I am reading the Book of Mormon and highlight thoughts and ideas about the Savior
13. I drink a huge glass of ice water each morning
14. I commute two hours, daily
15. I finally appreciate prime rib and choose to order it
16. I pulled out my crochet items and designed and created two baby hats for my sisters' new babies

Ada's Hat


Harrison's Hat

17. I am really getting spurs for my birthday
18. I am glad I am Cowboy's and that he's mine
19. I avoid grocery shopping and have gotten pretty creative at creating meals out of cheese and tortillas
20. I have hair that is longer than it's ever been
21. I got addicted to playing Trivia Crack today, and Cowboy won the first game by a land slide
22. I am trying to write handwritten letters to friends every once in awhile
23. I still hate tomatoes
24. I own more shoes than I can count
25. I am trying to be faithful when it comes to having a future family and Heavenly Father's plan
26. I am working on being a missionary and so far I have struck out
27. I wore mascara twice this week
28. I have returned to writing in a journal
29. I like talking to my mom
30. I am healthy and strong
31. I laugh, even if the 7th grade girls can't get me to chuckle
32. I have every blessing a girl could ask for - a good husband, faith, family, a home, clothing, a testimony, friends, a job, a working car, the ability to read, the ability to clean, the love of work, a smile, a desire to follow the prophet, a sound mind, common sense, an amazing heritage, and temple covenants.

Here's to another year!

-A

Remember, "Yea...the Lord is able to do all things according to his will, for the children of men, if it so be that they exercise faith in him...Wherefore, let us be faithful to him."  (1 Nephi 7:12)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cowboy Take Me Away

My friend Rebecca gave me the charge to post pictures of someone important in my life. I am not good at blogging, but because I like Rebecca and because she lives all the way in Texas, I will oblige. It all started back when I was born. I was born into a family with many interesting and wonderful dynamics. One aspect of my life that many don't recognize is that I love riding horses. I am not an expert equestrian, but those amazing animals were part of my childhood. My mom's dad is a horseman, and my mom is a cowgirl. I grew up riding and I think I have some of my grandpa and mom's horse blood in me. High school came along and with it so did the Dixie Chicks' song, "Cowboy take me away." I loved the song so much I even learned the words to it, which doesn't occur very often for me. That's another story though. Its words portray a picture of what seemed like a nice future at the time - a cowboy, boots, hard work, kissing and howling into the moonlight, a

it finally happened...

well folks, it finally happened. he picked up the ring, he popped the question, he talked to my dad, and i said yes.

It's been awhile....

I think there are three of you who read my blog. You're all a big deal though, so I decided to write again for you three people. I am hoping this post may be slightly therapeutic too, because I sure need some of that. We are on week five of our school year, and it seems like every time I get slightly comfortable something occurs that makes me very uncomfortable. I won't divulge too many details, but needless to say I came away feeling violated, disgusting, and not very trusting. Luckily for me, the scriptures had just the right answers when I needed them most. I am reading about Mormon in the actual book of Mormon. He is dealing with the Nephites who are described as being so disobedient that Mormon doesn't give a full account "that ye might not have too much sorrow because of the wickedness of this people." (Mormon 5: 9) Sound like a world we live in? Mormon previously states a perfect description of my feelings of this "wicked" state when he shares his